What are the important Key Performance Indicators for SEO?
The Key Performance Indicators are essential if you want to have an effective dashboard and track with interest the impact of your SEO investments.
If you want to look trendy, then talk about KPI (Key Performance Indicator).
There is no generic KPI in SEO. KPI depend on your organization, your goals, the available data and basically, on what is the most important to you.
The idea is to regularly track these indicators by frequently updating them in order to analyze the observed evolutions. Usually, correlating the evolution of some KPI with specific actions taken at a given time makes it possible to precisely evaluate the ROI (Return On Investment) of specific actions.
As a consequence, you will be able to focus on actions with a high ROI.
Here are some SEO KPI examples that may be interesting:
- Number of backlinks sent out from different domains,
- SEO Traffic transformation rate (off-brand),
- Number of visits through SEO,
- Number of viewed visitors view thanks to SEO,
- Turnover generated by SEO,
- How many keyphrases have generated traffic through SEO,
It is up to you to define your KPI and know how to make them evolve depending on your need and news search engines offer sometimes.